Personal Grooming Tips for Men
In the fast-paced world we live in, first appearances are everything. If you do not make a good impression at the beginning, you probably won't get a second opportunity. Therefore, men do not have the luxury of not grooming themselves anymore. If you are a single guy, looking good should be near the top of your list.
Personal grooming is one area that is available to every man to improve his image. Once the domain of women, mens skincare products are now widely marketed. Guys are becoming more conscious these days about their appearance and there are more male personal grooming products on the market than ever. Personal grooming is nothing but taking care of your body parts, your dress, accessories that make you look best and presentable. There are some fundamental rules men just have to follow if they want to make a mark as a well groomed gentleman.
Your face is often the first thing people notice about you, and a pimple, dry skin or chapped lips can make a bad first impression. Don't wait until problems arise; be proactive in keeping your face healthy looking with a regular, preventative routine of personal grooming. If you are new to the male grooming scene or if you just want to know more about how to keep yourself looking young and in tip top condition, here are some tips to get you started.
* Wash your face twice a day using a cleanser suitable for your skin type. If your face is oily and prone to acne, use a face wash containing salicylic acid. If you have dry skin, use a moisturizing face wash. If you have sensitive skin, use a mild cleanser that's fragrance-free. After washing your face, apply a moisturizer containing an SPF of at least 15, which will help prevent sun damage that leads to wrinkles, fine lines and age spots.
* Whitening creams also reduces pigmentation considerably which is good for those facial surface scars or age spots. Men are more prone to age spots anyway so a face whitening cream or fairness cream for men is most essential.
* Once or twice a week, use a facial scrub to remove dead skin cells and revitalize the skin. This is called exfoliation and it leaves the skin feeling fresh and improves the look of dull skin.
* Shaving has been one of the things that a man usually does. Keep in mind to shave after you shower, use a good shaving cream and use a good quality razor. Shave against the direction of the hair growth and a smooth shave is always clean to look at and also enhances the appeal of your face.
* The hair matters a lot in a well groomed guy and for women as well. Make sure you are free from dandruff, a common problem among men, and you have a well-trimmed hair.
* A well-groomed man will always wear a deodorant because body odor, which is offensive, will scare other people away.
* Use lip balm outdoors to prevent chapped lips.
* Grooming is incomplete without particular care to the hands and nails. Clip and trim your nails and apply some moisturizer to your hands.
* Remember the first impression is the last impression a person makes whether in business or on a date form the first time. Clothes matter and say a lot about a person.
If you really want to look cool and handsome, take proper care of your skin and get your desired look.