Studies show that adults need to sleep 7-8 hours per day. If you sleep less then 6 hours, it is believed, that the chance to have a car accident is three times bigger. But there is also one interesting thing: You will live longer if you have a regular 7-8 hour sleep, than those, who sleep more than 9 hours a day.
It is said, that if you have less sleep for a few days, you are more likely to loose your reaction time, short-term memory and vigilance. Vision, patience and information processing can also be affected by miss-sleeping.
Tired people usually are more aggressive and unsociable, suffer from stress and are less motivated to work. And those, who had a good night sleep, have a better immune system.
Studies are showing that people, who stayed awake all night and were studying, are able to remember less obtained information then those, who had a good sleep after practicing a new task.
What you should know about the sleep cycle? Researchers are pointing out three sleeping stages; light sleep, rapid-eye movement sleep and deep sleep. Our mind is repaired throughout the Rapid-eye movement (REM) sleeping stage and the deep sleep stage is helping the body to repair itself.
How can sleep help you to loose weight? The newest research shows that people, who have regular 7-8 hour sleep, are more likely to lose weight and not to gain it again. It is proved, that if you don’t have sufficient rest, your level of stress hormone, caristol is rising. This hormone is important, because it is controlling our appetite and it can also make us considerably hungry even if we have eaten enough. Blood insulin and sugar levels also depend on caristol. Growth hormone, which is released while we are sleeping, is important too, because it is repairing our bones and muscles and also negates all the negative effects of caristol.
The good night sleep and Power sleep is not only helping you to relax your body, it’s also can make you look better and younger. If you want to have a healthy skin, it is not enough choose your food and use expensive skin treatments. Dark circles around your eyes are a big sign that you really need a rest. Only during the sleep your body is repairing itself and regenerating your skin, muscles and even blood and brain cells.
If you want to have a good night’s sleep, there are some tips to help you:
- First of all you need to develop a bedtime routine. That means that every night you need to go to bed at the same time and get-up at the same time every morning.
- Try not to exercise too late in the evening, because it raises your body temperature and could be problematic for you to fall asleep.
- Everybody knows that reading and watching television in bed is one of the best things, but you also need to know, that this could become a reason why you have dark circles around your eyes.
- You need to forget about cigarettes, alcohol and caffeine about 3 hours before you go to sleep.
- Dark night curtains will create a relaxing atmosphere and a nice warm cup of milk will surreally help you to calm down and fall asleep.